"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My "baby" Sis is having a baby too

A couple days after I found I was pregnant my mom asked me if I was going to tell Emma.  I told her we were going to tell everyone.  She said, "You should call Emma...right now."  In my head I wondered if she was pregnant too.  I called her and could tell she was hesitant.  I kept asking her "what's up?" and "what's going on?"  Finally she told me she was pregnant.  I said, "Awesome....me too."  We were both so excited. Then we figured out our due dates were only  two weeks apart.  Even better!  I found this fun idea here and knew I wanted to try making one, and why not make one for my cute sis too.  I made ours a little bit different, instead of using a stencil and fabric paint I decided to use iron on transfer paper.  But they turned out fun. 

 I tried to get us both the same color shirt, but Motherhood didn't have two of the same color and size for some reason.  So I decided to play a little trick on Em.  Her least favorite color is purple.  I would give her the purple one as a joke.  But for some reason she picked it.  She said, "It'll be good for me."  

Emma 12 weeks - Me 14 weeks
Once upon a time I was taller than her....

3 comments:

Emmi Morrison said...

Shawnee- I am overjoyed for you and Austin! Cant wait to get more updates via your blog! Hugs to you!

Angela said...

I love this! So excited for you both!

Megan J. Dawson said...

I just got caught up on your blog. I love everything... you being pregnant, the house, your sis being pregnant with you... it's all so great, I am happy for you!