"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Engagement.....

This picture was taken right after Austin talked with my dad about marrying me. I was just in the other room and was so nervous I just focused on whatever I was watching on TV. I tried so hard not to listen, and did a pretty good job. I don't know why I was nervous though, it wasn't like my dad was going to say no.
This was right after Austin proposed, which is a great story, not something you see in the movies but that doesn't really happen anyways. So Austin and I were at Golds Gym. After we were done working out Austin came out of the locker room all dressed and showered with hair done and everything. I had sort of cleaned up, but was still looking sweaty and awesome in my gym clothes. As we were leaving since we were in separate cars he told me to follow him. By then I had pretty much figured what was going to happen next and was kicking myself for not at least putting my regular clothes back on. Austin got to the temple a couple of minutes before I did and when I pulled in he wasn't looking to happy (good sign, probably not). But he took my hand and we walked to the front of the temple, he quickly pulled something out of his pocket, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, and pretty much got back up to a standing position in one motion. As we were walking back to the parking lot he told me that he was making sure he had the ring in his pocket and was so focused on that he locked his keys in his truck in the ignition.

My family went on a hike/picnic up on Powder Mountain in the early spring. I know they get a lot of snow up there, but I was still surprised how tall the signs are when there is no snow.


Here we were heading up to the swimming pool. However Austin didn't have his swim suit. Luckily my dad had these great shorts from the early nineties. They were forest green with red peppers on them, and might I add they weren't super long either. Austin was a good sport about wearing them though. He even took his tooth out (I don't know if you can tell) and had his Dr.Marten boots on. Can you say Hottie!

No comments: