"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I am my own story-topper...duck to coyote


So yesterday it was a duck......but apparently 11:30 is the best time to got to Winco. First of all no one else is there and second of all you get to follow coyotes through the parking lot. I was pulling out tonight and saw a coyote running right past me. And being the super nerd I am I hurried and flipped around to get a picture on my phone. I quickly took one and decided to turn on my brights and get closer. Well of course as soon as I got close enough to get a pretty sweet picture I couldn't get my phone back to the right mode, oh well.

After I couldn't follow it any more my first thougtht was to call my dad, then I remembered how late it was, so I just called Austin instead. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood were spending time with my mom learning to bake in the kitchen, and spending time with my dad hiking around the mountains. I can still remember the first coyote I remember ever seeing. We were up on top of powder mountain and dad stopping us in our tracks. There was a coyote about 50 yards in front of us. Dad started making some kissing noises and we all just stared at it for what seemed like forever (probably only a matter of seconds, but to a little girl.....) and then it turned and ran away.
The coyote is the white speck to the left of the tree.

No comments: