"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sugar and spice and everything nice.....

Tonight I was able to have a little girls night with my friend from work. Amber and her cute family just welcomed an amazing little girl into their family. First we went to Macaroni Grill (super yummy) and then I was able to go with her to the NICU at St. Lukes and see her little Maddie in person. I was so nervous to go. Amber and I have been talking about me going up for a visit with her for a week or so, but I wasn't sure how I would react, and definitely didn't want Amber to think I was a basket case if I totally started bawling or something. Little Maddie is absolutely amazing and beautiful. She was born two weeks ago at 3lbs 7 oz (her due date wasn't until May). I was super nervous when Amber told me I could hold her. However, all the anxiety went away when I sat down with her in the chair. She is so tiny and light....the word I kept thinking and saying was, "precious". It is so amazing to hold a little spirit who is fresh out of Heaven.

Thanks Amber!

No comments: