"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Yes.....I have to keep posting this stuff

It may be annoying, however I hear some funny stuff at school. Maybe one day I will write that coffee table book. If you find it annoying....oh, well.

Me: Reading, "So Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey, and Turkey Lurkey went to tell the king the sky was falling......They went along and they went along and they went along until they met Foxy Loxy...."

4 year old: "Hey Miss Shawnee, see that chicken."
Me: "Yes."
4 Year old: "It's half whit and half black. I have a chicken like that at my house."

Me: "It's called a plymouth rock chicken....." then I was interrupted.

4 year old: "It's name is Obama."

It took all the strength I had not to bust up laughing.

P.S. I did not have to look at the book to type the excerpt.....I pretty much have the entire book memorized. Now I know how my mom felt with The Cat in the Hat.
Sorry Mom!

2 comments:

April said...

I personally love reading through all of the funny things your students say. So keep them coming. It makes me think I should do the same with mine. This one, so far, is my favorite. Hands down. Just so funny.

Jordan said...

YES!! That is funny!! Sometimes its so surprising how such tiny little people can absorb soooo many things! That is great!! I wish I was there to here it! ha ha!