"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a small world after all....

Everyone knows how the first day at a new ward works. Awkward, lots of introducing yourself, etc, etc. So I was surprised when all our meetings were over to find Austin talking to a guy who was giving him directions to a place unknown to me. I soon found out he had invited us to dinner. I couldn't believe it. Usually those conversations happen, but don't always follow through, or at least not that day.

Come to find out the Conover family is fabulous. We had a a lot of fun talking to them. As we were talking about families, Mark asked me where all my sisters lived. When I said one lived in Alpine, WY Lindsay said her sister lived in Alpine. She started texting her sister and later I talked to Whitney. Come to find out not only are they live in the same ward and Lindsay's sister is Whitney's kids' nurse at their pediatrician's office.

Then the world got smaller....

It came up a couple of minutes later that Austin's dad is involved in state politics in Utah. Mark then told us that our new Bishop Valentines father is also involved in politics in Utah. I looked at Austin, he looked at me like, "What?" I said, "Yes we know who John Valentine is.....senator." Then it clicked for him.

Seriously, it's a small world.

3 comments:

Fox said...

It's weird the connections that can be made, Jessica's sister-in-law just bought the house at the bottom of my driveway - weird! I wish the world was even smaller so you could come over and visit me today.

Matt and Jess said...

Isn't is so weird sometimes how small it really is? I'm glad that you guys have already found a fun couple to hang out with!

April said...

I just love stories like these! It just reaffirms to me that everything happens for a reason!