"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle....

Last March Austin was working in Kent, Washington for about 6 weeks.  He was able to come home most weekends...but I also got to take one weekend and go up to visit him.  It was my first trip to Washington and  I loved it.  It was super beautiful and green.

I had heard from some friends at work that the Underground Tour was a must.  It sounded super fun and exciting, and I was kind of embarrassed but super thrilled when after the tour started I realized I had watched an episode of Ghost Hunters filmed there (I'm kind of a nerd for ghost hunting shows).



We walked down by the water.
We then walked to the Space Needle.  A lot farther away than we initially thought, but we eventually made it.




The next day we decided to drive to Northwest Trek Wildlife Park.  It wasn't what we expected, but we had fun.  On the way there I spotted this big guy just chillin'.  I had to beg Austin to turn around so we could take some pictures.  He wasn't super thrilled about it at first (I am always asking to stop or turn around for a picture), but he did, and it was totally worth it.


Some black bears
By this point Aust was getting more and more excited to get his picture taken.

I had a little experience with a badger when I was in the 5th grade.....they have since fascinated (but mostly terrify) me.  My sisters always liked to tease me about it, so I just had to get a picture with this one.

I just keep wishing this picture would stop being blurry....but it isn't working.
This car came to a complete stop....as you should at a red light.  But usually you don't stop in the middle of the intersection.  Austin even left them some room for backing up.  But clearly they were more comfortable in right in the middle where they were less likely to get hit by another vehicle. 
Austin came out of the bathroom rockin' a missionary part.  He just walked out and sat on the bed waiting for me to notice.  I laughed.

Lunch before I caught my plane home.


At the airport
One last picture of him driving away before I went inside.

It was a super fun weekend.  

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I freaking love that cow! Seriously cracks me up!! Thats too funny! Looks like a fun trip for you! Glad you were able to visit while he was gone!

Matt and Jess said...

I've always wanted to visit Washington. But haven't yet. It looks gorgeous!! What a fun little trip for you too meet Austin at.