"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful......problem is, we have somewhere to go....stop the snow, stop the snow, stop the snow!

I think my post yesterday should have ended with, "knock on wood".

Nothing like the weather to dampen your Thanksgiving plans......now we're just trying to see if we'll actually be able to get to Montana. I-15 closed, I-84 closed, 180 through Evanston closed (we really wouldn't go through Evanston I'm just trying to be dramatic). Right now our only option is to drive up to Missoula (8 hours) and then over to Roberts (7 hours) and that is with ideal weather conditions, on top of that we can't even leave until 4:00 pm tomorrow.

Not to worry, we are still in a thankful/hopeful mood, even if we don't make it we have a lot to be thankful for.

But I am trying desperately not to freak out. As spread out as we are, our whole entire family only gets together 2-3 times a year. I understand life will go on, but...."ahhhhhh!" seems to sum up my feelings right about now.

Plus if we can't get out of here we were graciously offered a meal with Ken and Mari, which was nice because I had boldly stated to Aust earlier, "If we cant leave we are heading over to Ken and Mari's house invited or not." So needless to say we are grateful for an actual invitation. Nothing like amazing aunts and uncles to save the day.

3 comments:

Clayton Natalie Kynlee said...

I hope you can go!!!

Irene said...

Oh my goodness!! (that is what Olivia says all the time now.)
I hope you can make it, but I'm glad that you have a place to be if you don't.
And I too am super excited for you guys to be here for Christmas! Can't wait!

Matt and Jess said...

Oh I hope you guys can make it!!! Luke and Lisa had to go a long way around to get from Missoula to Plain City. Crazy weather! Happy Thanksgiving!!