"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Family Addition.......We're Expecting...........

We're expecting that all the weeds around our house will soon be gone!

We have been wanting to get a goat for sometime now to eat all the weeds around the house down. Our friends Cayley and Colby moved and didn't really have room to take Penelope, their goat with them. So a couple of weeks a go Austin brought her home. Meet Penelope.....

She seemed so sad the first couple of days. And then seemed to not really be eating very well. She would only really eat if one of us was standing outside where she could see us. The second night after Austin brought her home he came home from work, but I couldn't find him anywhere in the house or garage. After thinking about it for a couple of minutes I thought I knew where he was. I walked out back and sure enough he was sitting on the fence next to Penelope. At Cayley and Colby's house she was in the same pasture as their donkey and wasn't chained up, we thought that might be part of the problem. After two days we decided to look for another goat. We looked online at ksl.com and found some goats for sale in Eden, how convenient. Then after looking closely we realized these goats for sale were in our next door neighbor's field. We knew they had goats and Austin had talked several times about going over to see if they had any for sale. So we walked down the driveway, introduced ourselves, and asked if we could look at their goats. They had three for sale and of the three they showed us this little goat they called Lonesome because everytime they left it it started bleating like crazy. We decided to take Lonesome home with us. I wondered if we should change her name, it would have been easy since she is so young. But Austin said he liked Lonesome and it is still appropriate since any time one of us walks away from her she starts bleating like crazy. (She acutally lost her voice after the first nigh of being at our house.)
They are both very funny and like to be close to one another. They will also follow Austin around the yard when he lets them off their chains. We just have to make sure they stay clear of the garden.

7 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Ok, so I admit my heart jumped alittle when I read the title of this blog. But the pictures of the goats are great! Now if they can survive these next few weeks or months.......

Shannon said...

I am so jealous. I have wanted a goat for some time. We just haven't had a place for one. The goats look like they will be a great addition to your family.

Angela said...

That's so cool. Jeff wants a goat someday... maybe we'll see how it goes for you! :)

Fox said...

I have been jealous of you a lot in our friendship, but I never thought I would be so jealous of a goat. I really really want one, and you have two.

Steve and Jordan said...

Shawnee I am ashamed of myself this is the first time I have been to your blog. I was such a good blogger for a while! It's very cute!

Kelli said...

Wow, goats...Austin sure has turned into a farmer. Never would have guessed that. Maybe Cam can come up and practice roping the goats. I hope the job is going well!!

Chelsie said...

ah shawnee, i got all giddy for a sec with the title...trickster you! coop and i need to come see your goats. did you get my text the other day....we were by your house for the balloon fest and it made me miss you uber badly...but the house looked dark so i assumed you weren't there :-(