"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, August 3, 2009

New Job

I got a new job....or I guess I should say "I finally got a job". Ever since I quit Staker & Parsons I haven't had a real full time job and it was so weird not having one. But I decided to just hurry and get school over with, and now that it's all over I found out I will now be employed at Discovery Gateway. My new job title is Early Childhood Educator. I will mainly be working in the Curiosity Shop where little half hour classes are taught all day long My job will be to plan curriculum and to help establish a new program for under privileged families in the Salt Lake community. I will also be teaching the classes several days a week.


Austin and I were trying to figure out if it would be more cost efficient to drive to Salt Lake every day or to ride front runner. We decided on Saturday night to take our first ride and see how long it would take and if it would even be worth it. We called a couple of friends to go with us .


Jared & Laurie Lattin riding down with us on the train.

Austin & I on our way down to Salt Lake.

Once we got to the station in Salt Lake we jumped on the Free Trax line and found out it will drop me off right across the street from the Discovery Gateway. I am very excited and will start next Monday.

So if anyone is ever going to the Discovery Gateway make sure to call me so I can make sure I see you there!

6 comments:

Chelsie said...

oh yeah!! i forgot you told me about this job. i'm so excited for you. what times are the classes that you teach? are they for older kids/younger? i will have to bring coop down for sure. i love all the posts, and love all the pics from your wedding...ah it was a good day...even if i did hold up your ceremony cause bran had to drive from salt lake cause he had my recommend...whoops. love you guys

Matt and Jen said...

I'm so excited for you! And actually quite jealous. Too bad I can't get a new job too.

Austin & Shawnee said...

Great pictures! And of course; we are thrilled for you!

Scott and Becky said...

Apparently I was signed in as you! So it looks like you commented on your own blog!

Sierra said...

Congrats on your job... it sounds like fun! I miss Jared and Laurie. Ever since they got married, they stopped being my friend :-) ha ha

Scott and Becky said...

How stupid am I? I guess I was logged on as you when I made my comment. So just know that you didn't just pat yourself on the back for having great pictures. But we are excited about the new job and everything that goes with it.