"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying."

So I have this really great husband.....he is so amazing and really does get me. Some of our friends and family may have already heard some of our stories. But somehow Austin is able to fall asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. I am not so lucky....I have to read a book until I can no longer keep my eyes open or I will think and think about things and then get stressed out and not be able to go to sleep forever. This has been a problem since I was a little girl.....just ask my mom.

Anyways, Austin is such a great husband and now knows me so well, 90% of the time he can figure out when I'm upset or stressed about something even if I haven't said anything and he will say. "What's wrong?" I usually say, "nothing." Then he'll say something like, "I can tell something is wrong and I know you'll stay up forever and worry about it. So talk to me about it so we both can go to sleep."

I am just so grateful I decided to go with my friend Amanda when she called asking if I wanted to hang out with some guys she went to Jr. High with. I almost told her no since I was all ready in my pajamas and pretty much getting ready to sit home and watch tv.

It would have been the second time I had the opportunity to meet Austin and didn't take it. Apparently after Austin and his friends got home from their missions they went on a trip to San Diego. While they were there they went to the temple. A couple took a group picture for them and then after talking with them for a couple of minutes they found out they were all from Utah. The couple decided they were going to set up a little group date activity for these boys and a group of girls from their ward back home in Eden, Utah. After the trip my sister Jordan and I received a phone call to go to the Allen's house and meet some boys......we gracefully declined and two years later the secret was out. Austin saw Susan Allen in our ward and the whole story was pieced together......and now it is my fault we weren't married two years earlier than we were. Apparently we were supposed to meet.

"True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked."


Love you Aust - thanks for putting up with me and all my crap.

To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.

-- Helen Rowland

4 comments:

kelseehanson said...

Oh how cute. Tyler is like that he can always tell when I am upset or stressed, I try to hide it but he always knows, its crazy.

Chelsie said...

haha, love the quotes. and i love you and austin.

Irene said...

Shawnee, You're great! I am so happy to have you as a sister-in-law. The two of you are so cute. The two of you are lucky to have one another. :)

Sierra said...

So cute :-) Isn't it funny how life turns out