"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

So the weather in Colorado is crazy! However, I am absolutely love, love, LOVING it! I thought the weather in Utah changed fast. It will be super sunny and a hot 90 degrees and then all of a sudden some clouds roll in and we will have a full on downpour. We have basically had severe {hurricane style} rain/thunder/lightning storms every day since I have come back from Utah for the 4th. Guarantee Austin and I have seen more lightning this past week than our whole marriage. There have even been several tornado sirens going off in certain areas and flash floods. A couple of days a go I had to take refuge in a Ross store. I guarantee I bought more than I intended to, and ended up taking a lot of it back after I got home because a lot of it didn't even work out like I thought it would. I don't know why I was refusing to leave, I was already completely soaked. Later I got home and watched the news. Cars were stranded in several feet of water in the middle of the road, basically all traffic was completely stopped.
We basically live right in the middle of the pink area north east of Denver....and it's crazy right now! I actually just came inside from our front porch. I had to take video because somehow, my darling husband has managed to sleep through all the thunder and lightning. I have no idea how, but now I have proof.

I am not one for gloomy overcast weather....but a good thunderstorm, for sure!

No comments: