"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Experimenting in the Kitchen

So my fabulous mom has always been super health conscious. We always ate super healthy growing up and she is always experimenting with new recipes finding ways to make them more healthy....and still taste great. So mostly I have always called her and just asked for the healthy version of her recipes. However since we have been in Idaho I've become a little bit more brave in my own experimenting.

Since I have been able to spend a lot more time at home I have started baking bread instead of buying it. Thanks to my mom I have several great bread recipes. But I tried some things on my own and was pleasantly surprised when everything turned out okay. Apparently I still struggle with cutting the dough into equal halves.
So this is my very own new whole wheat bread recipe.
4 1/2 c. wheat flour
2 1/2 c. warm water
2 tbs. yeast (add to water and let react)
4 tbs. unsweetened applesauce (replacement for oil)
1/4 c. honey or 1/3 c. agave nectar
3 tbs. wheat gluten
6 tbs. flax seed (ground)

Let rise. Put in bread pans. Rise again. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes

No comments: