"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Living away from family......sometimes you just miss people, especially the little ones

When Austin and I were staying with Scott and Becky it was always fun when the grandkids would come over. Once when Becky was watching Erik and Kelli's kids Hannah and Cameron were very excited to find that Austin and I had a TV in our room. They wanted to watch a movie on it. It was funny since there is a huge TV downstairs. So I put Shrek in for them to watch while I did things upstairs. I also found some little sunglasses and things I bought at the dollar store. I don't know if Erik was excited when he picked them up and Hannah was playing her little harmonica I gave her and Cameron was blowing his whistle....sorry Erik.

Another time Becky was watching James and Kaycee while Jennifer was at DUP. I have to tell my sister Whit that Hallie isn't the only niece I torture by doing hair. (sometimes I get a little obsessive with doing little girls' hair.....I just love it!), but Kaycee let me put little pigtails in her hair.....they were so cute and I was so excited! While I was putting the elastics in Kaycee kept turning her head around to try to see what I was doing. She and Jamers were both so cute and cracked me up several times that day.
We are super excited to get to see everyone back in Utah in a couple weeks!

3 comments:

Megan J. Dawson said...

I bet you miss all your nieces and nephews. I can't believe Becky still has those chairs in the first picture. I remember them from when I was really little.

Kelli said...

I love the picture!! I needed a babysitter the other night and Hannah said, Well I guess you can't call Shawnee... So I'm pretty sure they miss you too. Oh and we were talking about you the other day and Cam asked when we got to go to your house, then I was trying to put Kate down for a nap and all she kept crying was, go to Shawnee's house over and over again. Can't wait until next week!!

Matt and Jess said...

Nieces and nephews are a blast! I can totally remember those chairs of Scott and Becky's too! That was a long time ago!