"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, March 4, 2010

So Austin is just an amazing husband.....period. I don't know what the deal has been, but the past couple of weeks I have been continually sick. I have always felt like I've had a great immune system and hardly ever got sick. In fact while working at the childrens school at Weber State for three semesters I don't ever remember having to call in sick to work. And I was constantly surrounded by sneezing, coughing, runny-nosed kids.
I guess not having been exposed to all that lately maybe had an effect on my immune system or something....but a couple of days into my new job I got a serious head cold. I felt awful and was so surprised to be so sick....or so I thought.

So after finally starting to feel better I was super bugged to start feeling sick again, only this time it was my stomach. I came home from work and immediately claimed my spot on the couch. Austin got me everything I needed and was taking complete care of me. Later I was so sick.....and while in the bathroom leaning over the toilet I was surprised and so grateful when I felt my back being rubbed. He even cleaned up the bathroom for me, and then ran to the store to buy me a box of saltines and 7-up.

I am so grateful for such an amazing husband. He is super thoughtful and is always surprising me. A couple of weeks ago he even surprised me with a book he bought for me on the way home from work, after I had told him I had just finished the book I was reading and didn't know what I would read next because I was out of books in the house. He even called his mom and sister to get some suggestions on good books they have read.

Austin is so amazing and I love him so much. Thanks Aust for being the best!

I love these pictures of Aust. One Sunday he started teasing me because I always am wearing his clothes (socks, sweatshirts, t-shirts, etc.). He said he was sick of it and he was going to find something of mine and wear it. He came out of the bedroom in these amazing sweatpants I got when my family was in Sun Valley back in 2003. The store only had one pair....an extra large but they looked so comfy so i just cut the bottoms off so they wouldn't be too long and tied the draw string. They are way comfy by the way......and my husband looks so hot in them.

(P.S. If anyone has seen this sweatshirt we realized when I showed Aust this post we have no idea where it is. We don't know if we loaned it or lost it.....so sad)

7 comments:

Matt and Jen said...

I hope you are feeling better! That stinks you've been so sick.

Megan J. Dawson said...

What a good hubby! It drives me crazy when I lose or loan things that I never get back. Especially favorite/comfortable clothes.

Scott and Becky said...

Hope you are feeling better! I didn't realize that you had been sick. I'm sorry. So that sweatshirt can't be far. I'm assuming that you have had it since the move.....so who would you lend it to? One of your Aunts? Check the gym you are always hanging out in.

Rachel said...

what a great guy you have! love that you have a blog, it's fun to see what people are up to these days. ps. you are as georgeous as you ever were, love the top pic of you and austin. glad to see you doing so good!

Matt and Jess said...

Hope you get over whatever you've been having! Hope you find your sweatshirt, I think it's my pet peeve when I lose articles of clothing.

Steve and Jordan said...

Hey if I find that hoodie it's as good as gone!!! Just kidding I haven't seen it and if I had I would tell you! I do have two pairs of your socks. Deac found them under the guest bed at our house! I'll hang on to them and as soon as we can come up I'll bring them.

Sorry you've been sick I didn't even know. That just shows us all how good Austin is to you! He takes care of you, he's awesome! Hope your feeling better soon!

Irene said...

I miss you guys! When I read about all of the good things he does for you, I'm just reminded of what a good brother he is too.
By the way, read your blog about your mom.....can I join your family? Do you think she would accept one more daughter? ;)