"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Beartooth Pass.....

Since we already had a park pass Austin and I decided we wanted to drive up and over Beartooth Pass and through Cooke City to get to the park. When you drive that way you head straight through Lamar Valley where the chances of seeing wolves and bears are a lot higher. My dad drove that way home a couple weeks before and had seen three bears. And everyone in my family knows I really want to see some bears. I saw so many when dad took Jordie and I fishing in Alaska. I just want to see more.
Here's a picture taken from my parent's front yard of the Beartooth Mountains. The Beartooth pass is 20 miles of switchbacks climbing 10,947 feet. It is only open during the late spring and into the fall. If you drive through early in the spring you will basically just drive through snow drifts. There is a little gas station, store, and motel at the "top of the world", and you really do feel like you're at the top of the world.
Almost to the "top of the world".
Dropping down into "Lake Country"
40 foot snow drifts....obviously I didn't take this picture.

No comments: