"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stake Conference

Today we went to Stake Conference....It was very good. The main message I kept getting involved families and being sealed together forever. Uncle Rick (President Tanner) spoke and did such an awesome job. He told several stories I had never heard. One in particular was very sweet. He talked about his mother....my cute grandma tanner and what an amazing mother she is. He specifically remembered being small (about 4 years) playing outside with a toy he was extremely excited about. He said grandma came out and sat with him. He said she wasn't reading a book or magazine, talking on the phone, writing things down, or listening to music....she was just outside with him. That really touched me. Austin and I talked during (just for a quick second) and afterwards about how we wished Grandma and Grandpa Tanner could have been there. I am so grateful for all those we have in our lives who are such amazing examples.

Elder Natress was the concluding speaker. He told a particular story that I thought was awesome. He talked about his mother reading the Book of Mormon to him and his siblings every day. One day as a teenager he said to her, "You know I'm not listening to you." He said she stopped and told him that Marion G. Romney had once said if you read to your children from the Book of Mormon every day you will not lose them. Then his mother said to him, "I'm not going to lose you."

We are so grateful for so many awesome examples of motherhood and fatherhood in our lives....and can't wait to have an eternal family of our own.

No comments: