"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Well today is our tenth day in Idaho. It's been different and weird to get used to a new city. Austin has had an interesting time getting used to a new work environment, but has enjoyed everything so far and even spent 50 hours last week on a hand throw garbage truck picking up garbage and Christmas trees. So far this week he has been in the office which has been fun for me since I have been able to take him lunch everyday. Nothing glamorous and we just sit in the car in the parking lot and eat, but it definitely breaks up my days. Also I can honestly say for the first time in our marriage I have been super on top of laundry, dishes, cleaning and organizing. Since I don't have really anything to do I just keep cleaning things. I think I have done at least one load of laundry everyday since we've been here (even if the load I put in wouldn't really constitute as a load). We just figured out our internet yesterday and so now I can at least check my email from home. I will get some pictures of our apartment soon, I know my sisters want to know what our condo looks like....We love and miss everyone!

6 comments:

Braden & Annie said...

Yay, I was so excited to get your invite! I think that would be so fun to move to Idaho, I hope you continue to like it and stay occupied.

Scott and Becky said...

We sure miss you too!. Glad you are staying busy; Shawnee. I just hope it doesn't drag you down. I pray that the job hunting will pay off soon. Love you both. Love the phone calls.

kelseehanson said...

Yes we do want to see some pictures of your place!!! We miss you guys and we are hoping we can see you soon!

Kelli said...

Wow, Austin is going to be ripped after throwing all that garbage. Ha! Ha! I loved eating lunch with Erik when he worked in Ogden. Glad everything is going well, we miss you guys. Glad your internet is up and running!! Can't wait for you to come and visit!

Steve and Jordan said...

Hey! So where are the pictures??? Stop doing laundry and take some pictures!! :) We miss you guys too can't wait to see you again! Thanks I am assuming you fixed my text colors! I am so slow when it comes to those things it would have taken me a long time to figure it out! Thanks!

Matt and Jess said...

I'm so glad for you guys that you like it up there! Good luck on finding a job soon, that's always a little tough. You'll have to let everyone know when you guys come down so that the Jenkins family can get together to see you guys!