"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ginger Bread Trains

We had an unofficial gingerbread train contest. My dad set the timer and away we went.
All the goods.

Emma's train. She actually took time to landscape hers as well. Way to go Em!
The Hanson's train.
The Vickery's train. It may be hard to see in the picture, but Aaron broke some small candy canes to make longhorns for the front of their train. I thought it was a very fun and creative idea.
The Sessions' train. I won't lie....I did watch some of the things they were doing and stole some ideas for our train.
The Jenkins' train.
This is what Grandma Jo was busy doing while all of us were making trains. She doesn't look to bugged though.
After we were all finished mom and dad sent everyone out of the kitchen so they could judge. Dad took the responsibility very seriously. I can't remember some of the awards given out. But I know they were pretty funny.

4 comments:

Steve and Jordan said...

You have some funny pics of the arm wrestling Steve will die when he sees the one of proof he was working hard! That is funny! Heidi Gorder wants you to invite her to your blog! Oh ya Kari from Fremont knows Austin check out my comments! Here is Heidi's email heidijohadley@yahoo.com

Kelli said...

Shawnee I am loving all the posts. Looks like you guys did have a great Christmas. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!

Irene said...

What a good Christmas! I also love all of the posts and enjoyed reading through them. I hope everything is going well and I miss you two like crazy!!

Chelsie said...

haha i love all the pics and the arm wrestling tournament...i'm glad you guys had a good christmas...ah such a cute fam