"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Job

So I've been casually looking for a job since we moved up here. I didn't necessarily need a job right away, so I wasn't super worried when nothing happened right away. Plus the economy up here is way worse than Utah, so I haven't been expecting a whole lot of response to my resume. However yesterday I got a phone call from a lady in our ward who owns a preschool in Star, a town about 15 minutes down the road. Our very first Sunday here the gal teaching the relief society lesson had everyone in the room stand up and tell three things about themselves. One of the things I said about myself was that I had recently graduated with a degree in Early Childhood. She remembered I had said that and told me she was looking for a full time teacher for her Kindergarten classroom. I went in and met with her today.....she didn't even ask me any interview questions, just offered me a job. So after talking with Austin we decided why not.

So starting next Tuesday (February 16th) I have a 9-6 job.

2 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Wow! Congrats! We are so happy for you.lol

Matt and Jen said...

That's so exciting - Good Luck!