"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Remember when.....

So the week Austin and I got home from our honeymoon my brother-in-law Steve decided to go sky diving with his dad and brother while his brother was home from serving in the army. Some of my family had decided to go and watch and since Austin was golfing with Jarrett that afternoon I decided to join them. As long as I can remember my cute mom has always said she'd like to go sky diving which is weird and super our of character for her. As we were all hanging out waiting for Steve, Allan and Brian I told my mom if she wanted to go I would go with her....really not expecting her to say yes. The picture below explains her answer.
We had to hurry and get ready since it was getting late. They wanted to hurry and get us up in time before the sun went down. Not really thinking too much about it I asked my little sister Kelsee to call Austin and tell him I was going sky diving with my mom and Steve's mom. Austin was beating Jarrett until he received the phone call from Kelsee on the ninth tee box, Jarrett won. He finished up golfing and made it out to the airport in time.....but I could tell he wasn't too happy. Apparently going sky diving a week and a half into your marriage should be something you talk about and not send a message through the new sister-in-law. I guess it was the first big decision we really faced.....and we definitely didn't talk about it before hand. However I have made sure to talk to him about all other major decisions since.

plane ride was actually longer than I expected. I can't believe how high we were.
Getting ready to exit the plane. Mom is in the background behind me. Steve's mom went right before me.
Back flipping out of the plane.



These had to be added because they were so flattering.
This picture was cool because we were coming down through the clouds and you can see the valley in the background.
Here's a picture of the sun setting and the Airport where Austin cheerfully awaited our arrival.
Landing back at the Airport.


Glad to be back on the ground......I think Austin felt the same way.
Such a fun experience and I was way glad I did it with my mom.....but I don't think I'd ever do it again.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

fun updates!! your place is so cute, I didn't know you worked at the gate way...just up the street for where we live. congrats on the new job, i'm sure you will be great! and the sky diving story...hilarious, but I guess I can understand why austin was upset :)

Irene said...

Shut up!! I didn't know you did that. You are way to quiet, must talk more about these kind of experiences. :) That is really cool. I wish I had the guts to make a snap decision like that. Now, even if I had the guts, I would be more concerned about wetting myself then about the fear of falling. ;)

Irene said...

And, I just read about your job. Congrats and I hope that you are liking it. Looks like this was a good move for you two. (i don't know if that is a good thing for us who are waiting for the day when you move back. ;)

Matt and Jess said...

Wow, that's incredible that you just made a snap decision to jump out of an airplane! I wish I could! Just read Irene's comment...about a job?? That's neat, congrats! I hope you like it!

Sierra said...

Skydiving is something everyone should do once... it's such an exhilirating feeling! I was just smart enough to do it before I got married :-) Ha ha

Steve and Jordan said...

Way cute house finally get to see the pictures! I like it! So your instructor for ski diving, he works with Steve at Edge, when i was at his work Christmas party I recognized that guy and said something then he told me everyone says that because he's an instructor there then we put it together I just didn't know which one of you guys he had jumped with now I know it was you! Crazy! Love all the new pictures!